Saturday, May 02, 2020

TRYING TO WEIGH IT ALL

Getting bad news is my specialty, as over the last two years in particular. When I get it I have to take a deep breath, not panic and try to piece it together with some sense of logic if I can.

My wife has been trying to reach the nursing home where my daughter is now residing and contacted COVID-19, shocking us as we ironically were expecting it.

After numerous days at attempting to reach someone who could tell us my daughter’s condition we finally made contact. Bracing ourselves for the worst we were told that although Ellen has the virus, she is not exhibiting signs or symptoms that would alarm anyone, at least not yet.

I realize that the virus needs 14 to 15 days before it runs through the system. Ellen has had it for 7 to 8 days and this makes me feel somewhat relieved. I am wondering if she is dealing with it so far because she is inactive in bed and mostly rested, well-rested, and her system is better prepared to contain the virus.

I don’t know for sure, I am not a doctor or expert, but I will believe it because it makes me feel better.

No comments: