Monday, May 25, 2020

HELP! I’M OLDER AND I CAN’T GET UP!

For years I have been seeing this commercial on the TV that sells a personal alarm system, called ‘LIFE ALERT’. You see this old lady laying on the floor with her laundry or in the bathtub or maybe even in the kitchen if she hasn’t ordered takeout.

I’m sure you’ve seen this if you live in the States, the old gray-haired girl wears a necklace that notifies the powers that be to get her help as she screams holding the alarm button: “HELP! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!”

I have always laughed at the commercial and imitated the old girl when I see it. “HELP! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” I mimic. I don’t lie down on the floor because it might not be vacuumed yet, so, I don’t want to disturb the balance of nature.

Saturday as I was watching the TV, what appeared but that commercial and what did I discover? I think that the “Old girl” is younger than me!

When the hell did they sneak a youngster in there?

No comments: