Sunday, May 17, 2020

FINALLY

The first day of spring has finally arrived in real-time. As I sit in my yard I can hear birds, many birds tweeting their song of life and the tic-tic of my laptop computer makes little sense to me and seems like an intrusion of sorts.

The trees are a fresh light green of foliage that adorns their heights and the grass has risen to assert its place on the grand collage of a masterpiece created by the only master of this universe. Yet, I can hear the distant sounds of mankind as their ugly noises of auto and truck movement disturbs the serenity of nature.

The sky… majestic as it shrouds my world is but a continuous peal of cerulean, topped off by the masterstrokes of the almighty. Although there is gloom in the quarantine that pervades our being, there is no denying there is nothing but joy in the freshness of the day, offering relief from the present and hope for the future, it can be compared to other days as the rebirth of joy, a joy we never fully appreciated until it was gone. Today reminds me that all can be good once again.

When I was young and there was nothing but me to consider, I loved the early spring when the days became warm and beautiful as the sun rose height and the sky housed that sun giving off its aurora, I would get excited as the beat in my heart would become pronounced as the spring in my step, as I joyfully expended my youth. Today, as I look upon the world I now own and my mind takes me back to those days and I can almost feel the sensation of being young again.

I have passed on my youth once again, but this time instead of my sons I see my grandson and granddaughter reaching up to their dad to take on the joy of youth just as my son reached to me. Still, the sense of youth I have is the same as I imagined it so long ago, my son preserving it for his offspring as he passes it down.

We build churches, temples, and houses of worship, yet we build them needlessly into God’s creation, for his house prevails as I sit in it, under his sky and trees, with the affirmation of the creatures he created as they sing their song of praise to Him.

We live in the same world us people, yet we divide ourselves into factions to differentiate one another into combative sects, heedless of our humanity as one, but instead, pick apart ourselves for what little differences there are.

The world is paying a price for what we are when we should know who we are. We tend to place everything we do and say with misinterpreted meanings that destroy us and bleed our love.

Who knows what tomorrow brings, what days will be cold and blustery, what days will shine brightly, and what days will rain. We should all look for the shelter and offer it to each other, as one, breaking and sharing a common bread under a common house.

No comments: