Monday, May 04, 2020

I TAKE THE TITLE FOR DUMBASS OF 2020

And the year isn’t over yet!

Every Saturday night, I like to have a good steak, I am continuing a family tradition in that way. Grandma held the tradition, dad did and now I do.

I like to cook my steak in a certain way. I coat the meat in olive oil, not much but just enough to coat it. I drop it in a cast-iron skillet when the pan is very hot, and sear it for two minutes on each side. Then I put the pan into the oven at 350 degrees for filet mignon for 5 to 7n minutes depending on the thickness.

Being how my wife had just cleaned the stove, I decided to put a lid over the pan on the stove, and when the two minutes on each side on the stove-top, I would remove the cover just before I put it in the oven.

Placing the cover in the kitchen sink, I ran some water over it to cool it before cleaning it. The cover did its job once again, covering the drain and preventing the water from draining. All this time I was talking to my wife in the den and forgot about the cover in the kitchen sink AS I’M IN THE DEN.

I finish talking and return to the kitchen and the sink is filled up with water as is the counter on both sides of the sink and an adjacent additional counter running perpendicular to the sink. Water everywhere running down the counter and onto the floor!

The year 2020 still has 7 months left, but I am confident that I will retain my title of DUMBASS for the year!

No comments: