Sunday, May 24, 2020

THE LOSING BATTLE

I once considered myself on the cutting edge of technology, now I am going to cut my throat, or at least, use some technology to cut my throat.

I have been having a running battle with ‘The Cloud’, that so-called wonder of cyber life. Given my propensity for getting confused, (I’ve married almost 49 years) my ability to messing things up (Four children), feeling behind the times, (Two grandchildren), life has passed my by, leaving a wrinkled old man looking for the floor so he can fall successfully.

It seems my phone started this all when it started telling me I didn’t have enough space on the phone but between the ears we were still good.

So, while I was alone at home unsupervised as the Little Woman went out to shop, I went into system preferences and started to fool around, clicked here, swiped there and suddenly my contacts were gone.

Well, I had to send out e-mails from people for their phone numbers to restore my contacts.

I wonder if there is somewhere to go to wear I can wear my facemask and be unknown?

No comments: