Tuesday, May 19, 2020

THE LIFE OF COVID-MAN

Yesterday the weather was so beautiful that I decided to risk my life and take a walk. Walking these days in the neighborhood can be a risky business. As you may know, two weeks ago Sunday I took a spill in front of my home while on a walk, tripping over a lifted concrete sidewalk square. I came down hard onto my hands, chest, and knees, bruising all three severely and the pain and scabs still linger.

As I walked in the street this time, I noticed this little car and I recall if it was a Honda or something similar but I liked the looks of it. As I walked on further and turned the corner of my street I see the car pass me. As it moved on I took me back to the cars I drove and the personalities they seemed to possess. For instance, my Chevy Camaro made me feel like a hotshot, until I married and it became a gateway to family responsibility Shedding it I became more of a husband and eventually a daddy, recreating my self-image.

Then I got myself a Toyota Corolla, brand new and out of the need to afford rather than impress. I eventually graduated to an Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme, determined to regain some of my imaginary images back. Then one day I decided I needed a Japanese car for dependability as the Olds threw the transmission on the Southern State Parkway leaving me with a traffic-jam I caused by the rubber-neckers. I choose a Toyota Corona and owned two in succession.

Since then I have chosen Toyota except for one that was Japanese also but it may have been a lemon since it was a Hyundai Santa Fe and it threw a rod! I have since returned to Toyota and have not had any incidents to report.

Today I drive a Rav-4 and love it. It even has a slot for my Corvid-19 face mask and a slot for a shopping bag so I don’t get charged for a shopping bag by the supermarket!

No comments: