Sunday, November 30, 2008

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

This is the time of the year when paranoia sets in. It’s it the time when I worry about getting TLW (The Little Woman) a Christmas present or two. It starts in my sleep. I dream that it is Christmas morning, and I didn’t get her anything. I awake with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and the sweats. It is a very down and disappointing feeling! This disappointing feeling stays with me until I get her something.

But the fear does not go away. Now when I get everything, I worry about wrapping it. And if that isn’t enough, the card, I need a card! What if I forget to make or buy a card?

I know, I sound ridiculous, but she is the only one I really worry about. Everyone else we think about together.

But Christmas isn’t the only day I act this way. There is Valentine’s Day, her birthday, our anniversary, and so it goes.

I think I am like that because my Dad: would forget. Mom would be insulted and Dad would look like he stepped in it. He usually did.

This year I haven’t started to shop yet. I have an idea of what to get, but I have to do it. Talk is cheap, so I better get my self out there and brave all those women shoppers. Pray for me.

Please remember my pals Joan and DD and all who need our prayers, especially during this holiday season.

No comments: