Tuesday, January 13, 2009

THE LINES ARE DRAWN


Being married for 37 years to the same woman can sometimes cause one to draw distinctions. It gives one time to discover flaws and state objections. I hope you are all sitting down while reading this. What I am about to tell you will shock you! My hope is that today is not planned as a special day, because of my news. I hope you don’t call me an unmitigated liar, or a fraud for stating what I am about to tell you.

Yesterday, while dining with my lovely niece Laurie Ann and her handsome husband Gerard, their handsome son Sean along with my brother-in-law John and my older sister (much older) Tessie, I was informed by TLW (The Little Woman), that I might have a flaw or two!

Gosh! Who thought?

It turns out I am not perfect! No, I have fallen from that very high pedestal from which I have stood so long. No longer will I be able to climb onto the pedestal and scan the world. No, once again, TLW has exposed me. She claims I don’t clean the toilets enough! Me, the CEO of DelBloggolo! Me. A former altar boy! My sisters favorite brother, my parent’s favorite son, fallen, like a house of cards!

According to TLW, I should clean them once a day, twice on Sundays and all day long on her birthday. I should plan my day behind having enough toilet cleansers and spray bottles, sponges and rags, along with an ample supply of paper towels. All the toilets should be on my radar 24/7.

So, I have given her “suggestions” considerable consideration, and have come to a final decision. I have taken a week supply of major league baseball and football magazines, my pillow and a few snacks and have locked myself in the upstairs toilet. I will see everyone next week. P.S. I left some change on the kitchen table, they can use the toilet at the mobile gas station.

Please remember DD and all the people in YOUR lives that need our hopes and prayers for recovery.

No comments: