Friday, January 09, 2009

LOOKS LIKE THE UNCLE!


As you read from yesterday’s blog, my lovely niece and handsome nephew are expecting. Yesterday they sent me the first photos of the baby. Well, maybe not a photo, but a scan. I must say the kid is very good looking! If I dare say, there is a remarkable resemblance to the great uncle, crazy Uncle Joe!

From the photo, you can see what I see on New Year’s Day in a mirror, after a night of celebrating, then, again on the mornings after a party in the hood.

I am particularly impressed with the fact that the new Dad, Greg, has sent out wallet-sized pictures to all the family and friends! Greg would like to name the kid Jeter, or Mariano. I think Reyes or Wright would be more appropriate, especially since it looks like me. (How about we call it DelBloggolo?)

I recall hearing stories about when I was born. My Mother wanted to name me, “AreYouSureDoctor?” And my Dad wanted to name me, “Noway!” When Mom returned home from the hospital, she noticed the valise was heavier than when she left with it. It turns out the nurses slipped me into the bag while Mom wasn’t looking! They wanted to name me, “HereYouTakeIt.”

Please remember Joan and DD, and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: