Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BEING A GENTLEMAN…

Is Like A Big Pain In The Butt!

One of the fun things about this blog is the little vignette of life’s experiences I go through that I can relate. These are things that people in their lives occur, but forget. Not me, no, I record them for posterity.

Being a man of the world as I am, I have come to respect women, and try to behave like a gentleman. Sometimes that gets in my way.

Let’s look at today’s vignette. I went to the Handy Pantry for my customary roll and coffee, and was about to enter the building, which behind the glass front door, a woman stood. She was waiting for me to enter, rather than going out herself, first. I reached for the handle and stepped aside to allow the lady by. Then with a short courteous bow, I proclaimed: “Ladies first!” or some such utterance. Smiling she thanked me and went out. Walking over to the fresh brewed coffee where I wonder if they put regular into the decaf pot and are laughing themselves, silly.

Standing at the pots was again, a woman who was pouring her coffee into two large containers. As she went to reach for the milk, she had to step aside somewhat to get the container. I saw that as my chance to get a cup, when I did, she was now waiting for me. Once again, I stepped aside and motioned her to go ahead once again. (What a gentleman!) She left to pay for her coffee, and I went to get a cover for the coffee, and when I turned around, there at the coffee pots stood another woman. Once again, I stepped aside, and let her finish. OK I can wait one more time. But if one more lady gets in the way, I will have to kill myself on the spot! Off she goes, and I get my coffee and go to pay for it.

Out I go to the parking lot. Those broads weren’t finished! One had her door opened so I couldn’t get mine opened, and the other was backing out, stopped because she looked like she was looking for something in her bag, so she blocked my backing out.

Suddenly, some ungentlemanly thoughts occurred to me, which cause me to want to wash my mouth out with soap. But, I do have my coffee, finally.

Please remember DD and all the people in YOUR lives that need our hopes and prayers for recovery.

No comments: