Monday, January 19, 2009

PARDEN MY BAD MANNERS!

Every Christmas, there is usually one present that really knocks my socks off! (Now you know why married men can have cold feet) This past Christmas was no exception. We got a wonderful gift from a very thoughtful and beautiful person. She is a good friend of #1 Son, and I would like to share what she did. Her name is Courtney, and she is the complete package, brains, beautiful and talented! (Reminds me of me.) I heard what you are thinking. Be nice.

When #1 returned home for Christmas, he gave us a package, and told us to put it in the refrigerator. MY kind of package! The package came from Courtney he said. Now I have never spoken or written about Courtney, because I was afraid she might not want anyone to know she reads this blog. Like most of you, she does have taste, so this is like closet reading. Anyway, when I opened the package, there was a Christmas card with a very nice note. The package had three boxes of homemade candy! Yes, little chocolate covered jewels of joy, made for the DelBloggolo clan, personally! Each was wrapped for longevity, and labeled with loving care.

OK, you say, so what? Candy. Well I say: you can’t have any. Not because I don’t like you, it is because they are too good to give away. This is professional stuff. You pay big money for this kind of candy. Perugino, move over. Whitman sampler, GO AWAY! That is how good the candy is!

I suspect that she may have sent more than three boxes; I suspect that somehow, #1 Son forgot to bring them ALL home, if you know what I mean.

Well, I bit into the first one, a coconut filling. I love coconut, so I gave it a shot. Coconut led me to orange, which suddenly became my new all time favorite. Did I stop there? Nooooo. I went right back in and tried the Coco Cherry. WOW! Whoooooweeee! Thems good chocolates!

But the surprise didn’t stop there, no. I turned the card over and notice the card was by “Courtney” A very nice Christmassy, cheerful card that one would pay at least $4.50 to $5.00 at a bargain store for, let alone a real stationary or card store where you would pay more. I thought: “How nice, she found a card company with her name. But I noticed there was nothing else on the back to describe the company! So, I asked my wife’s son, #1, did she make the card? Yes! Not only the card, but also the boxes they came in! This gal is in my will!

So, Courtney, please pardon my poor manners. I should have thanked you a lot sooner, but I didn’t, and I’m sorry for that. You are a master of talent and beauty. Since Christmas, I have been eating them slowly, to make them last longer. I will save the card, it is a masterpiece!

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers for a full recovery, like DD.

4 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

My feet are still cold! Send Courtney my home address.

Anonymous said...

Dear Editor-in-Chief,
Thank you so much for your kind words about my candy and art work. I'm honored to get such a grand write up on DelBloggolo -- I'm somebody now!
I'm pleased to see you enjoyed (really, really enjoyed) the chocolates. Was TLW able to try any of them, or were they all consumed in the name of research for your entry?
Hope you all are well,
-Courtney

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

#2 Son took care of all the consuming. I had only about 6 pieces, TLW a few and #2 the rest!

Jim Pantaleno said...

We'll have to send the CSI team over there to dust for prints. (If Courtney has any leftovers, I'm her guy.)

Getting Fat in Staten Island