Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WE’RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION, PEOPLE!

For all you people out there, the ones with the Christmas decorations still up on your homes; THE HOLIDAYS ARE OVER, GET OVER IT!

Which reminds me, about 18 days until pitchers and catchers report for spring training! Yes, it’s that magical time of the year when TLW (The Little Woman) says “goodbye” to me until the day after the Superbowl.

A few years ago, TLW, #’s 1 and 2 sons and me went to visit Boston. One of the things we did was visit Fenway Park, the home of the Anti-Yankees, or Boston Red Sox. Being a Met fan makes me an automatic Red Sox fan, and I do have a special place in my heart for them. With there old ball park and rabid fans, they remind me of my beloved Brooklyn Dodgers, down to the ‘B’ on their caps! My hatred for the Yankees dating way back to the early 50’s makes me a Red Sox fan. However, it is all jealousy, which includes envy, when I hate the Yankees. They are the consistently better team, beating my Dodgers and even my Mets!

Yesterday we went to the Riverview restaurant for that holiday party from TLW’s wanna-be bank, I mentioned yesterday. Attending the Teacher’s Federal Credit Union shindig was Toots II, TLW’s look alike, my new buddies Pat and her husband Bill, and the boss of TFCU’s Bohemia branch, Theresa and about a dozen co-workers. The food was great, situated on the mouth of the Connetquot River overlooking the Great South Bay in Oakdale. A beautiful place, and if you are in the neighborhood, you should try it.

In the coming days, I will be re-calling some of my proud and not so proud experiences in restaurant dining. I hope you enjoy them.

Please keep DD and all those who need our prayers in mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, you put me to shame. I do still have some lights up outside, only around the arbor & the wreath on the door. I'll unplug them tonight. Life gets too busy that's why they're still up & I'm lazy. But then again, maybe I should leave them up one more week ... lights do look pretty in the snow!!!!!


((((((Hugs)))))))))
Jan Spalding/PCH

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

actually, I'm just a cranky old pain in the butt!

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... I know that. It's a wonder everyone loves you Joe! LOL!!!!!!

OK, so I unplugged the lights :o)

x&o Jan Spalding/PCH