Saturday, January 17, 2009

A WHITE OR WASH OUT!

The weather became so bad we called off the trip to Cape Cod! Listening to the reports from the area, we felt it too dangerous to drive in uncharted roads for us. This causes us to miss the funeral of a fine lady, one that we all respected and loved. I speak for my family as well as I myself when I say that.

On a brighter note, my 90-year old Mom had a scare when they found a spot on her kidney. You know right away when something is wrong with Mom. She never gives you an answer to how she is doing that is convincing.

“Hi Ma, how ya doin?” (This is in my vernacular)

“Oh Kaaaaaay.” (A little down sounding.)

“How come you say it so down like?”

“Oh, I went to my doctor, and he found something in an x-ray on my kidney and said he doesn’t specialize in those things, so he sent it to my kidney surgeon.”

“I hope not your kidney without you! Well, Ma, you’ll be fine. Just go to the doctor, it’s probably nothing.” (I wanted to say ‘go to school, you’ll be fine.’)

So, she calls me after her visit, and she sounds like a little schoolgirl, all happy and giggly!

“The doctor said it is a sisk, it is nothing to worry about!”

I think I’ll go to the doctor to treat my apprehension. She is 90 years old, and is going strong! I feel like she is. 90 years old!

Please remember DD and all the people in YOUR lives that need our hopes and prayers for recovery.

No comments: