Sunday, November 04, 2007

AND THE BAND PLAYED ON…

but not as much as I would have liked.

The evening turned out to be one of my favorite times. I had no speech I had to make, just smooze a little with donors and suppliers, talk to all the wonderful staff people and dine like a fancy schmancy man.

The menu was an appetizer of Agnalotti Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce, and Asiago Cheese, A Boston Bibb Salad with maple glazed walnuts, goat cheese & pear vinaigrette. The entrée consisted of both Filet Mignon, Cabernet Jus, paired with herb crusted halibut Buerre Blanc Sauce, served with Dauphine Potato, veggies and dessert was a Puff Pastry of fresh strawberries and chantilly cream, Crème Anglaise, and a plate of Chocolate dipped strawberries, cordials and liqueurs. Some how I felt like a French hooker after reading and eating the menu!

The “Veggie” description was mine.

Of course there is always someone to talk to me when some great hors d’ oeuvres goes by, and you really want to try one but the person won’t shut up long enough for me to grab the server to get some. Couple that with my phony manners trying to hold the drink in one hand, and the plate of food in the other. I get very self-conscious at these affairs, and I often go to them so I should get over my self-consciousness, but don’t.

Going to the bar, I ordered my usual Jack Daniels Manhattan, and a scotch and soda for TLW (The Little Woman), reminding the bar tender to go easy on the soda. That got some chuckles from people behind me going: “Yeah, heavy on the scotch”. So of course, I let them think it was my drink. Seems TLW thinks they water-down her drink with too much soda. Sure.

Well, the magic hour approached, 11:30 pm, and all I could think about was the feather ball at home I wish I was at.

Need to buy some interesting gifts for special occasions?
Check out: www.ahrcstore.com
You’ll be glad you did.

No comments: