Thursday, November 08, 2007

GOODBYE:(

Today is a sad day indeed. Today I learned of the passing of a wonderful lady Eleonora, pure and simple in her ways, sophisticated with her love, kind and gentle to all. She was my friend for over 25 years.

I found out in a very strange way, too. I sat down to have a cup of tea about 3:00 pm, and flipped on the TV. The picture had a funny screen covering that made it hard to see, like looking out of a screen door. Normally I never carry my cell phone, but today I decided to charge it and put it in my car the first chance I got. I got up to reboot the cable box to rid the screen effect, and must have turned on the phone when I did. I decided to check for what I thought was a single phone message when the cell phone went off. I couldn’t get back in time to the main menu and the call was missed. Again, I went to the messages and discovered that Eleonora’s daughter had called and wanted me to call her back. I knew the call was not good.

Maureen, Eleonora’s daughter told me that her Mom had passed away yesterday afternoon.

You can read about what I thought of her on my blog of Saturday, December 9th, 2006.

http://delbloggolo.blogspot.com/search?q=seamstress

Goodbye Eleonora, I’ll miss you, you sense of humor, and your great friendship. It is time to die.

No comments: