Tuesday, November 27, 2007

WHAT’S NEW?

Well for starters, how about the idea of creating a book of my favorite blogs of DelBloggolo? Sound unreasonable? I think not. I thought about it after the lovely MFF (My Favorite Fan, Laura) and some really sane people suggested it to me. If it weren’t for them, I would never have ever considered the idea.

Just think of what this could mean. A coffee table book or reception area book that would help people who have coffee cups in their hands, a place to set them down, without staining the furniture!

I might even own one myself.

Now the next thing I’m about to say may just make you nuts. During this past week, #1 Son and I were talking about the blog, and he suggested that I write some kind of book. Something creative and when he did, I nearly jumped out of my shorts. I had formulated an idea for a novel in my head, and told it to him. Then Sunday afternoon, the two of us went to the Cat and Fiddle, to meet Justin a Hollywood screenwriter, MFF, and Pete the Teacher. By the way, we will discuss Pete the Teacher later on.

Justine suggested that I write a novel. Well the blood is swelling up in my head, when I heard that, I again gave them an idea I had brewing, one of which is almost complete. They all loved the idea and are encouraging me to do it, and I think I will. Even if I don’t go anywhere with it, I can at least say; “I tried”.

These past few weeks have been a revelation in many ways for both myself and #1 Son, he got to know me better than he thought he did, I got to know him the same way, and have some new and worthwhile friends, that will be treasured forever.

Afraid of DelBloggolo proliferating your book shelf or public library, act while there is still time, write to;
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com, tell him; “Don’t you dare put it in a book too!”

1 comment:

Laura L-V said...

Let me tell you - Justin doesn't often say that ideas are good - only if he REALLY means it... and all THREE book ideas are a hit with the group - the Del Blog book, the novel, and the Father/Son essay book. You've got a lot of work ahead, but it's going to be amazing. We'll say we knew you when. And also, I think that parade WAS for you. LL