Friday, November 23, 2007

GETTING THIS TURKEY IN SYNC

Well LA, you did it again! Just as I was missing home, TLW, (The Little Woman) and #2 Son, I had some people to take my mind off of it. One was #1 Son, who I always love to see, and hear from, who makes me both happy and proud. It started Wednesday at lunch when we drove to Pasadena to have lunch with one of #1 Son’s favorite people Steve Holland (Come to think of it, they are all his favorites) and Steve’s very good-looking sons. These boys have the faces of angels, they beautiful! Nice sweet kids, normal in every way, include testing Dad’s ability to keep a strait face. Steve seems like the kind of guy that stays with you like a nice time in some far away land on vacation.

Thursday, Yesterday, and Thanksgiving Day, (Hard to think that I spent 3-days in a 24 hour period) was spent with #1 Son’s friends and mine Steve and Christine, with two of the most energetic kids I have ever met. These two boys have their old mans personality, and they really took the edge off of missing home. They played with me, (It was ok with them), they did tricks and climbed walls, and I got a one-man drum concert from the oldest boy. With only five lessons, this kid sounded like Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa all rolled into one! The beautiful Christine was sensational as a hostess goes, the food was excellent, and the hospitality goes beyond praise. Steve followed orders like a good husband, and the whole day was perfect. We even had the pleasure of meeting Christine’s cousin, and handsome guy from Long Beach, N.Y., named David.

So this was the only happy turkey in the land yesterday, and to all the people I’ve met out here, I hope you Thanksgiving was grand.

Tired of some turkey roaming the blogosphere? Write to; joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com,
Tell him, “Go stuff it.”

No comments: