Monday, November 26, 2007

OK, I LIED

Yesterday’s blog was a test of LA. Yes indeed. I was looking to see if the city would break out in celebration that I was leaving town. In fact, last evening on my way to the Cat and Fiddle, a great place for a drink and a light lunch (nothing dark), I was convinced it was the case. As we drove along, people were lining the street, with their families in lawn chairs even coolers at their sides. I figured they were having a parade, a DelBloggolo is leaving in the morning parade. Fortunately, I stopped one of the people with his kids and asked what was going on. “The Christmas Parade” Oh! I don’t think he’d lie in front of his kids.

As I do on occasion, I like to recommend things, movies, shows, books and whatnots. I happen to be an expert on whatnots, having collected a few over the years. Today I highly recommend the TV show; Madmen, about an ad agency in NYC during the early 60’s.
http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/about/
Watch it, there will be a true or false test one of these days. Actually, it gives you a little insight in the life and times of DelBloggolo, and where all this sickness comes from in a way.

Well, I’m still in LA, and can’t bear to leave a city that has palm trees on a cold day. I walk every morning to Daily Donut, where the two little ladies sell me cholesterol-laden deliciousness and a cup of coffee. As I walk, I see the same people every morning, some will give me eye contact so I can say; " Good morning!", some don’t. A lot are homeless people, dressed for the North Pole, and carrying all their posessions in one bag.

I may not leave until around the middle or end of the month. Meanwhile, I think I’ll do some laundry today.

Sensing some nervous tension every time you fire up the old computer? Write to; joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Tell him; I’ve had enough and I WON’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

No comments: