Monday, November 19, 2007

LA OBSERVATIONS, PART II

Last night, the Chairman of the Board, and CEO of DelBloggolo, along with #1 Son, went to visit the Salvador Dali Exhibit, but arrived too late to view the show. Instead we confined ourselves to the main permanent exhibit, which I found to be just great.

On our way out of the building, as you Angelinos all know, you enter a nice looking park, tree lined paths and nice green rolling hills, that even on a dark, misty early evening, tends to still be beautiful. I commented to the kid that I thought wherever you go in LA, it is done up nicely. All kidding aside about your street light timing and some of the ladies I see walking, LA is a real nice looking town in some parts. Although I love NYC, LA has a summery, exotic feel, one that belies the fact that you are in a large metropolis, and constantly gives you hints of suburbia. Maybe it is the high volume of automobile traffic, maybe the flowers that decorate the windows and entrances of a lot of homes and businesses. Maybe the happy Hispanic and graceful Asian influences lend themselves to the feeling. I would think, coming out of the northeastern part of the USA, and seeing palm trees in the middle of the big city, make for a great view.

After the show, went to Gelato’s for some good old Italian hospitality, and some really great food, when who passes by my table and chair, but the beautiful Doris Roberts. Doris Roberts, one of the best actresses in all of Hollywood, who has amused me, and awed me with her great acting, passing her biggest fan, like two ships in the night. Did I say anything to her, no. The reason I love her so much is that she is a lot like my Mom, so I didn’t want to disturb her privacy, or annoy her. If I did, and she is like Mom, I didn’t want a smack in the head.

So to LA, and Doris Roberts, thanks a million!

To prevent this blog from continuing to happen, send a sternly worded protest to:
joedelbroccolo@yahoo.com
Say: hey you, Yahoo, stop this yahoo from going on for crying out loud.

1 comment:

Laura L-V said...

You should have said HI to her. She would become a fan of the blog in no time!!! She would probably replace me as MFF, though. Good that you kept quiet.