Friday, December 17, 2010

THE HOMECOMING


The other day, TLW (The Little Woman) called me from her cell phone on her lunch hour at work.

TLW: “Hi, it’s me!”

“Hi, how’s it going?”

TLW: “Good, I was thinking about next week.”

“That’s good, someone should, what’s next week?”

TLW: “#1 Son is coming home.”

“Yes, that is something to think about.”

TLW: “No, silly! He will be home, and we don’t eat like we used to. We will have to do a little shopping.”

“We?”

TLW: “Yes, we will need food in the house, we hardly cook anymore.”

“Well, we could get some chicken, pork chops, and I could put something together.”

TLW: “You know what he would like, but it will mean we have to go off our diets?”

“No, but I’m all for it!!!!”

TLW: “He loves steak pizziola, maybe I’ll make that.”

“Really! Is there anything else he likes that you should make?”

TLW: “Well, off hand…”

“You know, he once told me he loved how you made Baked Macaroni, with three cheeses, and that French Onion Soup we had in Paris…”

TLW: “Really! When did he tell you that?”

“Back in ’07 I think it was, we were reminiscing, and he said how he missed your cooking. Yes, that was it. He missed your cooking!”

TLW: “Why am I suspicious all of a sudden?”

“Your modesty?”

TLW: “No, your baloney.”

“Oh, well make it salt free, our diets you know.”

No comments: