Monday, December 13, 2010

A MILLION TEARS



Last night, across the globe around 7:00 pm E.S.T., candles were lit to remember the children who passed on, too soon from this earth.

A mass of millions of tears, mostly mother’s tears, was shed, but with all those tears, not one candle was dosed from them. The memories of their children will burn on forever in their hearts.

I think it remarkable, that mothers and fathers around the globe, came together in peace and love, and remembered those children. Not one should ever be forgotten, not one should ever leave our hearts.

But there is a bigger picture here, on that is so obvious that we don’t see it. This worldwide remembrance should be the starting point for all of us to think about how senseless war is, how it destroys the children, their sense of security, love, and themselves.

Last night, people got together to give the mothers and fathers their child back, if for only a moment’s time. Those children became alive, given the time dedicated just for them. Those that organize it must suffer very much, and must feel the heartache all over again, yet they make it so that we all can recover a moments time with our lost children, bringing them back, year after year.

At first I wondered why the date is so close to the holidays, then I realize, that with or without the holiday, that child is gone from us physically, and so is a piece of the holiday. The joy that is the Holiday Season is tempered by the sense that we should all be reaching out to each other, being happy and giving, rather than breeding suspicion and hate.

My son Joseph is missed every day. I often see people his age and wonder what he would look like today. I wonder what could have been, maybe what should have been. I see the mothers, my wife too, and I wonder how much was really taken from her. I don’t even know what was taken from me yet, I just know that he is alive in my heart and soul, and I am forever mindful that he lived.

1 comment:

pamela said...

To bless the space between us.