Sunday, December 12, 2010

PRECEPTION


Or, how I view it.

TLW, (The Little Woman) is afraid that I am giving her a bad name!

It seems she thinks that I paint her as the boss. She is afraid that people will think she IS the boss.

She IS the boss.

I should know, since I’ve been taking orders now since 40 years ago, when she said: “Now get up off the floor, put a bandage on the black eye, AND LET’S GET MARRIED… NOW!!!”

Well maybe it wasn’t quite like that, after all my brain is a little fuzzy after 40 years.

She also seems to think that I exaggerate a little when I write about her.

Don’t you believe it. I NEVER exaggerate; I may enhance from time to time, but exaggerate, NO.

What I write is what I feel the truth is, and in my defense, I have often invited her to write and say whatever she wants on this blogue. She has yet to take me up on it! Hmmm.

We live a very serene life, one of trust and mutual respect. I respect her, and she respects her. After all, that is what it is suppose to be, as she has stated often.

She has taught me over the years to employ my own personal mantra, that she suggested. The mantra is employed to help me come to peace with myself, and she claims it will only lead to my happiness! It is a two-word phrase I repeat every day, day in and day out. “Yes, Dear.”

For example.

TLW: “You want me to have that new bracelet in this catalog?”

Me: “Yes dear.” It is amazing how it works every time.

We could fight about money, or the kids or where we go to eat, but as long as I use those two magical words, magic happens!

No comments: