Sunday, December 26, 2010

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THE BIRTHDAYS ARE OVER…


up pops another one!

Not only is there another birthday, another Polish brother-in-law.

There was a run in the 60’s on Polish, and so we stocked up on them, they were cheap! Come to think about it that is what my sisters are complaining about now!

John is an old-fashioned guy. He loves to golf, fishing, eating kielbasa and the New York Giants. He also thinks his birthday was yesterday! He tried to convince my sister to live in a manger, he figured no monthly payments, AND a place to park his car. I know I’ve made jokes about him before, how he uses both sides of toilet paper and a teabag can go for three or four cups before he throws it out, not to mention the razor blade he’s used since January of ’03. But no, no jokes today: today is John’s birthday! Yes he has reached the ripe of old of well, ripe.

When I met John for the first time, I was eating my dinner. I had just cut into a pork chop, and I noticed him eying it.

“You want that pork chop, pal?”

Me: “Well I… I, You want it?”

Reaching for a napkin, he took the chop and folded it up and put it in his side pocket of his jacket.

But no, no jokes today: today is John’s birthday!

Then there was the time he used to drive somewhere, pushing the car uphill, and jump in downhill. Claimed he saved a fortune on gas every year!

But no, no jokes today: today is John’s birthday!

I of course would never insinuate that he is cheap. No, he is not cheap. That shirt he is wearing does date back a few years, but if the 60’s are ever back in style, so is he, finally.

Actually, he is not cheap, he is very generous, to his family, friends and up to now, me! He will always welcome you warmly into his home, and make you feel wanted. There really isn’t a nicer or better guy I can think of like John.

So John, no jokes, just have the best darn birthday possible, even if it is a cupcake with a candle.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN
ss-i-l