Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY CHANUKAH!



To all my readers, have a great Christmas day. It is a wonderful day, it has great spiritual meaning, and it is a day for the child in all of us.

There are so many Christmas’ that I can recall and so many were so special. When we were first married, we didn’t have a lot of money, but we did have a lot of chutzpah. We faced each day with a lot of hope and anticipation, and nothing seemed to worry us. We were poor, but that didn’t mean we had no gifts for each other. In fact, the best gift I ever got from TLW (The Little Woman) was a not even a gift but a real thought that counted to this day.

That very first Christmas morning, in my stocking, (No wonder I was walking with a limp all day) was the gift of love. It wasn’t much by anyone elses standards but mine, but it was the greatest gift! My watch had stopped working weeks before, and I didn’t get it repaired, but that morning, TLW gave it to me, and it was fixed! Not a big deal, but it was her, thinking of me!

Over the years, all 39 years after, on Christmas morning, I make it a point to remember that morning, and how wonderful I felt that she cared; she still does, she need not tell me, I can feel the care.

Now years later, our kids are all grown, and we watch each morning with joy, and this Christmas will be the last as the family will begin to expand.

But there are holidays that are marked by special people, people that I love and care for very deeply, and they have all made the day special for me. I can remember those cold Christmas mornings with my older sister Tess, at 1:30 am as we woke up to find the house filled with toys that we wanted, and Mom coming home from midnight Mass, and yelling art us for being up so late!

My little sisters all excited about a new doll, or play stove, or special book. My children finding the toys and treasures that fill their day with joy, and even my daughter Ellen, who did not ever understand all the fuss, just being there made it special.

We all need to stop for a moment and realize what makes us happy are those we choose to surround ourselves with.

To all of you, have a beautiful and special day today: I love you all!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

pamela said...

Santa may not give us what we want, but he gives us what we need to show how much we are loved. Merry Christmas to you and TLW

Jim Pantaleno said...

From one hood to another...Merry Christmas my friend.

Anonymous said...

M C from SS-I-L