Wednesday, December 29, 2010

IF I ONLY KNEW!


It was a high, perfect arc, one that stayed yellow in color, streaming over TLW (The Little Woman’s birthing bed at the hospital, and landing squarely on my shoes! The boy wasn’t even a minute old, and all ready he was pissing me off! (Something he admitted to)

As I think about it, so many things now come to mind! His talents, his humor, his good mind and his different look at life, not to mention the numerous girlfriends he had, beginning at a tender age of 5 or 6.

#2 Son Michael, is now getting on in years, a handsome kid with a lot of talent, and a habit of disagreeing with me politically. He’s willing to run the risk of my spending his inheritance!

Never one for conventionalism, he now studies Arabic to become a journalist in the Middle East, so he can know how to ask to bum cigarettes in Arabic.

His mother and I marvel at how kind hearted he is. Always thinking of the down-trodden, (Except for me, he wants me to pay for them all) he has taken on a mantle of helping and fighting for the underdog, and has been consistent in that endeavor.

Well Mike, to you, for all the good you wish to do in this world;
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! WE ALL LOVE YOU!
DAD, MOM, ELLEN, ANTHONY, COURTNEY AND HAPPY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND AUNT ANGELA & UNCLE DENNIS

Anonymous said...

thank you dad.